Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Recent status update

A lot of events affects my weight recently... The holiday season, parties, chocolates...

At the beginning of this year, my company offers $10/month reimbursement for the gym membership, it is only $8.90/month for the small gym which is close by my office after the rebate. That's a pretty good motive, as a result, I almost joined the gym immediately.

Later I got hurt in the gym, when I stepped backward on the moving treadmill. The iccident is caused by my damn access card. There are no pockets in my running suits, so I put my access card on the top of treadmill. Then I started treadmill and begin to walk, suddenly something was thrown to the back, I could not help to looking backward and even stepping backward. The consequence is I myself also got thrown to the back of the treadmill, left leg and knee on the floor, lips and teeth hitted the edge of the treadmill.Forturnately, my teeth are still solid, although the pain lasted 2 weeks. My lips bleeded, my left leg and knee became blue and black, so I had to rest 5 days before I started to hit the gym again.

No long after that, the Chinese New Year comes. Many dishes, sweets...I went to run 3 hours after a great lunch, then got severe cramp that I had to stop...

Then my period came on last Saturday. It came just in time, as I usually don't exercise on weekends, and it only blocked me from the gym for 1 day.

I managed to increase my running time to 30 mins, but after running for a couple of weeks, I could only run 12 mins ( @4.1-4.3 mph. 5% incline) once. I read the article of Get-Started Schedules for beginners of running, it sounds reasonable. I think I should follow the schedule, but from the Week 5, as I have runned for several weeks, and not totally a nought.

Week 5 Run eight mins, walk two mins. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.

Feb 5, Tue: Completed. @4.1-4.3 mph. 5% incline, decreased the incline to 2% for the last 6.5 minuts run, as I was feeling dying at that time.

Feb 7, Thur: Completed. @4.1-4.3 mph. 5% incline. But I took about 10 mins break after the first 2 sets, due to the severe cramp...

No comments: