Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good Book: I could do anything if I only knew what it was


I actually got attracted by the book as the first glance of its title. And I cannot agree more for the idea of "What makes people feel happy".
To be happy, there are 2 essentials:
1) You have a goal.
2) You are moving towards it.

I got this book 2 weeks ago, and I'm currently on Chapter 3. I know I'm a (very, very) slow reader, so my next goal is to read faster. Let's see whether I can finish this book in May.

I had a conversation with a younger friend last year. She is a smart girl with Master degree and teaching computer network in an university. But the problem she and I both have is we don't have a goal to work for, which makes me feel unhappy, and makes she think of pursuing a Ph.D degree :) (Jin, if you are following my blog, here is my advice: Read this book first. )

2 comments:

bulletproofcourier said...

Sounds like a good book. But if I may say, I think it's entirely OK to spend time coasting between serious life goals and simply enjoy pursuing the human experience for a year or two or more.

If one has a general idea of what makes one happy, and aims approximately in that direction, chance and luck will play a great role in discovering that next big goal.

The key, of course, is truly realizing what makes oneself happy, without pressure from external forces. But I bet the book already says that, right?! :)

Carol Hu said...

You are absolutely right. Actually the goals the author talked do not necessary to be serious life goals, they could be any goals people want to achieve.

I totally agree your idea of enjoy human experience but the only problem is I don't know what kind of human experience I'm looking for. That's the major reason I'm following your blog:)