Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Failed to get my HRM, blaming MEC

I have been thinking of getting a heart rate monitor for a long time. Finally I decided I will get the Polar F4F after doing a lot of research.


I saw this HRM from MEC's website, it is $92. Then I search Future Shop's website, it is $99.99. As FS has the low price guarentee and it is very close to my home, I decided to buy from FS. But the funny thing is it is available on the website, but it is not available in all the FS locations in Greater vancouver. Then I tried to Walmart, it is even cheaper only $89.99, but later I found I'm search walmart.com instead of walmart.ca. And walmart.ca doesnot have this product...

Finally I went back to MEC and found it is no stock in most stores, but it says low stock in North Vancouver store. So I called them right way, the guy said they still have 2 F4F, so I asked him to hold one for me. But when I arrived at the store, I got a F4M holden for me. I asked a staff, and he is confused about the F vs M, so I have to explain to him that F stands for Female and M means Male. Then he checked on the computer and told me there is still 1 F4F in their store, and he will find it for me. He went to the warehouse, and another staff just realized the first staff actually checked the Halifax store. So he checked their own store, it said still 2 F4F. He promised if the first staff cannot find it for me, he will go to the upstairs bigger warehouse to find me one. The first staff came back after about 5 mins with nothing. The second staff went to upstairs, but after 10 mins he also came back with nothing. They said it is very embarrassing but they just cannot find even one but the inventory says 2. They adviced me to call the 800 to ask them ship the one in Halifax to here, then I

Well, I have been very statisfied with the service MEC provided. But it is really not a good experience today... I think I'd better wait, maybe I could get a better deal/model when the Polar release a newer model.

No comments: