Sunday, July 19, 2009

Grouse Grind 2009

I did my annual Grouse Grind this weekend, it is 78 mins. I did not really enjoy the stairs, but I just want to have some record about my fitness level, so I prefer to do it once per year.
Last year is my first time, it was 90 mins.

I think the HRM is very helpful. I did not pay much attention to my heart rate at the beginning, I tried to climb as fast as I can. But I got exhausted very soon, and have to rest for a few times. Later, I kept my heart rate within my trainning zone. If I noticed my heart rate exceed the upper boundary, I slowed down before I got exhausted, then I didn't need to stop to rest any more. HR records: 43 mins in the training zone, Average HR 156, Max HR 175.

I burned 677 calories on the Grouse Grind, but I ate them back on the continuous snacking on the mountain, LOL.

Start and Finish Line:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good climbing
good summary
good tactics about doing thing within ur limit
very good freshing photos

but sometime u have to challenge u r limit to exceed urelf

smart sean:)

Anonymous said...

Gentle, tender and joyous,
is the dreamy white lotus, floating in the glisten of water. Thee are endless blooming flowers, Thee are the gentle warble of swallows between girders.

Thee are love,
thee are warmth,
thee are hope,
Thee are the April days of the world.

(From a poem by Lin Huiyin
-- for girl who smiles like lotus blooming -- Indeed, it is lotus season here now)