Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Friends share secrets



I always feel lonely and complaint about no friends. I feel very difficult to make friends in these years, and I blame the fact that most new people I met are married and have kids. But I feel it is not true today.

One of my co-worker talked with us his personal issues which bothers him recently. I feel weird at the beginning, because I probably only talk this kind of issues with very close friends, and definitely not in the office. Actually most of the co-workers gave him some advices, people joked about his issue but only for the purpose of making him relaxed.

So I began to think, probably it is me who pushes potential friends away. I tried to be nice and professional in the office, always answering the "How are you doing?" question with "Good". After thought about this, I began to chat with a good friend in China, and I told her a big secret of me. The feeling is so good, and I get some emotional support from her, plus I do feel I get closer with her.

2 comments:

Brant Chen said...

You do it right now :)

Cathryn said...

Carol,keep in mind that you do have a friend in Australia,she will be backing you up under all circumstances. Take care, good girl.