Saturday, August 8, 2009

Grouse Grind For the 3rd time


Time: 71 mins
Avg HR: 162
Max HR: 173
Calories Burned: 649

I paid enough attention to my HRM during the whole climbing to make use I always stay in my heart zone. I only had 2 very quick stops, one is for drinking water, the other is for chewing gummy candy. I haven't used to drinking or eating when climbing...

I carried about 1L water in my camel bag. But it was very foggy and wet, I only drank about 300 ml water, and carried the left 700 ml to the peak, wasted so much energy...

And the 2nd thing I could blame is my hair. I forgot to bring hair strings for binding a ponytail, so my hair stayed loose and it is not comfortable...

I felt much better this time, so I probably could make the grind as a monthly activity rather than a yearly one:)

PS. It seems people (or at least me) look ugly in the fog...I got really ugly photos this time, so I just post a landscape one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good record and description that is very useful for future reference.

The fact is people who look nice in fog will look ugly when fog is gone.
See how beautiful and charming u r now. :)

Yes, monthly. The wise man said, work hard and together, overcome the grind and achieve the goal.


        /\
      /    \
    /        \.
  /            \. Climbing CM
/                \