Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bike to work

Last week is bike to work week (winter version), and I rode the whole week. It was amazing that we had a whole week without rain in winter in Vancouver, perfect weather for riding. :)

I started to ride to work since last year, and it was May to October. I caught a cold at the beginning of October, and stopped riding since then.

For this year, I started riding from the end of March. Later I got all my rain gears (waterproof pants, jacket, shoe covers, reflectors...), which make me I could ride in the rainy days. I caught a cold again in the beginning of this October, I stopped riding for a couple of days, but I go back to ride as soon as I recovered. At the beginning of Nov, I heard that the VACC announced the Bike to work winter version, and I thought they were crazy. I never imaged I could still ride in the end of Nov.

Gain(Loss) from this year's riding:
1) Weight Loss of 6.5 pounds
2) Saved the money for ~7 month passes (~ $500, wow!). Minus the money spend on the rain gears, still saved ~$300 :)

Well, good enough. I guess I'll stop riding for Dec, Jan and Feb. I have already seen frost last week, and I can expect to see some ice in the next couple of days. Snow or Ice, that are the stop signs for me.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

wow~ how about hiking~ it will save more, Carol~
how about your mum these days? is she still hang on there with you? I plan to onboard Australia at coming Chinese new year, and I have received my PR. have a nice day, dear, I miss you. Wish the best to your husband and wish to visit CA in the coming year.